Everyone loves pizza. Whether it’s delivery or at a villa in Italy, pizza can elevate your mood and enlighten your taste buds. While pizzas may not be the staple of a healthy diet, you can use quinoa to make a pizza that is healthy and downright delicious.
A simple yet tasty quinoa pizza crust recipe
You don’t need to spend hours preparing and baking a perfect pizza crust. With this quick quinoa recipe, you will be able to prepare a healthy and delicious pizza without worry. In order to begin, make sure that you have the following on hand:
- ¼ cup of raw quinoa
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of flour
- 1tsp of oil
- A baking pan for use in the oven
- Before preparing your crust, preheat your oven to 425F. Place your water and quinoa into a pot and let it reach a boil. Once boiling, remove your pot and place a cover on top. Let the water and quinoa mix together into a fluffy paste.
- After your quinoa has absorbed most of the water, place this mixture along with the rest of the ingredients into a bowl. With your hands, mold the mixture until it resembles your favorite pizza dough. If you're feeling adventurous, try tossing and spinning your dough like a true Italian chef. However, we are not responsible for any pizza that gets stuck on the ceiling.
- If you'd like, you can add some seasonings into your dough for a personalized touch. Try some cheeses, garlic, cayenne pepper, or anything else under the sun. You can even place sun-dried tomatoes into your dough for an amazing taste. While you can save these toppings for later, baking them into your quinoa crust can be a fun way of experimenting and personalizing your recipe.
- Now spread your dough onto your oven pan. Make the dough circular in order to help it cook evenly. While you can make your pizza as thin or as thick as you'd like, try to ensure that all sides are even and without air-bubbles.
- You can now place your crust into the oven. In about 15 minutes, turn your crust over to help both sides become crispy and edible. You should flip your pizza a total of three or four times; however, you can remove it once it becomes crunchy on both sides and in all areas.
- Once it's ready, you can save it for later or add toppings immediately. But with a crust as tasty as this, you'll want to add toppings immediately. Add your favorite sauces, cheeses, and meats for a more traditional pizza. You can experiment with bell peppers, fruits, and meats in order to find the perfect combination. When all of your sauces and topping are ready, you can place it back into the oven until everything is nice and melted. Now it's time for the easiest step: enjoy your homemade quinoa pizza!
Why make crust out of quinoa?
By using quinoa, a rather tasteless seed, you can create a healthy crust in very little time. This crust will taste just as crunchy and full as your regular crusts, and it will also provide you with countless essential vitamins and minerals. By learning this quick and simple recipe, you will be able to enjoy a guilt-free pizza in no time!
Aside from being tasty, easy to cook with, and easy on the wallet, there are still numerous reasons why quinoa is the perfect base for your crust. Quinoa is free of gluten and is also entirely vegan friendly. With a high amount of calcium and other essential minerals, quinoa is the perfect addition to any vegan or vegetarian diet. If you’re on a weight-loss diet, then quinoa is essential in your quest to cut down carbs. If you’re exercising in any way, then quinoa is perfect for acquiring all of the protein you need to recover post-workout.
With so many benefits, it is no wonder that quinoa is one of the hottest superfoods on the market today. With a rich vitamin profile and a subtle taste, quinoa is the perfect substitute in your favorite meals. Don’t wait any longer; start cooking your guilt-free pizza today!